Blitz is a technology-led insurance carrier that brings the $60B specialty market into the modern era. Focusing on hard-to-place and underserved SME customer segments, Blitz’s fast and simple end-to-end insurance platform displaces the lengthy, manual insurance-buying processes that have frustrated both brokers and business customers alike. Blitz was founded by a veteran team of insurance experts, technologists, and startup builders. We're combining deep industry expertise and next-gen technology to create a simpler, faster, smarter way to get coverage. The company recently raised $22M in funding.
Blitz is looking to hire a software engineer to play a critical role in developing our technology and back-end policy management system. Blitz is using Ruby on Rails for the buildout of its insurance platform. This role is an opportunity to join Blitz's founding engineering team and will be instrumental in implementing on our tech roadmap as we continue the buildout of our platform. The role will report directly to Blitz’s CTO, a proven technology leader who previously led engineering for a unicorn ($1B+ valuation) fintech startup in Chicago. The role will also work closely with Blitz’s Head of Product Management and other engineering hires, and interact with the executive team. The right person for this role will have a strong track record of taking lead on mission-critical engineering projects or sub-projects. As this is an early stage hire, Blitz will look for this individual to demonstrate growth potential and assume increasing responsibility within the organization, with the opportunity to develop into a managerial position within the company and own high profile engineering projects as the team grows.
This role comes with competitive salary, equity, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), 401(k) matching, PTO, and parental leave.
- Develop quality software and web applications
- Analyze and maintain existing software applications
- Design highly scalable, testable code
- Discover and fix programming bugs
- Collaborate with CTO, Product Manager, engineering team, and executive management to drive progress forward
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Development experience with Ruby on Rails and other programming languages
- Strong collaboration skills
- The position considered for each candidate will be commensurate with number of years of experience
Our team will review your profile and reach out to you within 5 business days. Talk soon!